Popular Post

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

JESSICA ALBA: I'm pregnant but I train FIVE times a week

SHE’S GIVING BIRTH IN JUST TWO MONTHS, BUT DON’T THINK JESSICA ALBA IS GOING TO TAKE IT EASY, OH NO
Jessica Alba is pregnant , but she still works out with a trainer to keep her body toned

Most women see pregnancy as an opportunity to ease up on the exercise and ditch the diet.

But self-confessed gym junkie Jessica Alba is so desperate to keep her famous body in shape, she’s still working out with her personal trainer an incredible five times a week.

“I do a bit of walking, go on the exercise bike in the gym and do some light weights.

"Nothing too heavy, I just want to stay toned,” she explains.

Before her pregnancy, the 26 year old worked out most days – running, spinning and practising yoga and Pilates – all to maintain the size 8 body that’s seen her top world’s sexiest woman lists year after year.

But after discovering she and fiancé Cash Warren (right), 29, are having a baby, she’s taken her foot off the gas. Well, almost.

Jessica takes her health and fitness seriously, but there was once a time when she was in the grip of anorexia and controlled her weight by dieting to dangerous levels.

Jessica Alba and her husband Cash Warren

She suffered from the eating disorder seven years ago and has since recovered.

Before falling pregnant, Jessica maintained her super-sleek figure with an intense fitness regime and a diet that allowed her to eat only one meal a day.

Her pregnancy was unplanned, but the Fantastic Four actress says it has finally made her relax her somewhat regimented attitude to food.

“When you’re pregnant your body is taken over by this other thing and you don’t get a lot of say about it, so you have to surrender,” she says.

“But I don’t do the eating-for-two thing.

"I’m lucky, I don’t have that kind of appetite"

Having a baby has also allowed her to indulge in some treats.

“I’ve just been to Paris and I fell in love with their croque-monsieurs [toasted cheese and ham sandwiches].

"I can’t get enough of them!” she laughs.

“The little one must like them too because it moves and kicks like crazy when I’m eating one.

“And I can’t stop eating citrus fruit.

"Not because it’s healthy – I have mad cravings for oranges.”

But the mum-to-be has gone off chocolate.

“I just don’t want it,” she laughs.

“I’d much rather have sushi, but pregnant women aren’t allowed raw fish, so I’m really missing having it twice a week.”

Jessica admits it has been strange watching her usually tiny body expand.

“At the beginning, before my belly popped out, I was feeling all bloated and cranky, it was weird.

"Now I feel and look properly pregnant it’s easier to deal with.”

But it seems that pregnancy has taught the actress to love her body in this new guise.

Jessica shows off her pre-pregnacy size 8 body

“Watching your breasts and your ass getting bigger – it’s awesome,” she laughs.

“I don’t mind my body changing, it’s just a question of adjusting.”

And she promises that she’s not going to put herself under ridiculous pressure to get back into shape.

“If I had to start a movie right away I’d be under pressure, but luckily I’m not committed to anything, so I’m just going to enjoy it,” she says.

“My body is going to do what it wants to and go back to normal when it’s ready.”

Advertisement
Bride.Ru

Source

TAGS:, ,
share:
Technorati del.icio.us BlinkList Reddit NewsVine Digg Furl co.mments Google Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment